Saturday, June 15, 2019

Who will call 911?

So....practical questions began to assail me.  Who will call 911 if I choke?  Or if I get really sick....who will know?  Fears pushed on my thoughts way too frequently.

I developed a plan for anything I could walk through, like choking.  I would call Linda next door and if I couldn't say anything, she would come looking for me.  I would head for the cul-de-sac, and if I passed out someone would eventually find me.

One big fear was my heart.  As a kid, I had rheumatic fever, and the family kept all my physical activity restricted.  Most of my extended family died with heart related things, and my sister and I may be the only family members without stents!

I (long story short) ended up getting a heart catheterization in Houston while visiting my kids.  It had been scheduled in Bedford for the next week due to a negative stress test, and I was pretty nervous.  Chest pains ended up sending me to the ER, (at the BEST hospital in Texas for heart related issues!)  and the catheterization revealed good, reasonably clear arteries.  Much of the fear dissipated.  I was a bit distressed that I had to rely on a test instead of my trust in my loving heavenly Father, but it was incredibly relieving to know my heart is okay.

I took a fall one day, and the Lord sent kind ladies to drive me to the Care Now, and other friends to take me to Baylor for a CT scan (the care now called me "of an age to check on brain damage").  All was clear.

My neighbors check on me if I'm late getting home.  They want to know that I am safely tucked into my house.  If I'm not home reasonably early, I get a query text.  I'm loved!

Through each of these emergencies, the Lord provided help.  And my confidence has grown in trust that He will provide me with someone to call 911 when and if I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment